Safeguarding at Belmont Farm Nursery School
Belmont Farm Nursery School puts safeguarding at the forefront of all our activities. We believe that the safety and well-being of the children, parents and staff that attend our school is paramount. We have various safety precautions in place to ensure that our school environment is secure.
- The building is monitored 24/7 both internally and externally with CCTV cameras.
- The system runs on a secure server to ensure that the identities of those who attend the school are protected from potential hacking.
- We have several access control doors into the school securing the building and the main rooms where the children play.
- Our entire school perimeter is secure, and the children have their very own little farm within the school which they can visit, as well as visiting the farm before it opens to the public.
- All our staff have undergone scrupulous background checks and are all registered on the DBS updates service allowing us to have a live link to their DBS status should anything change.
- The school environment has been designed totally around children with all doors fitted with concealed rotating hinges to unsure that parents can rest assured that their children are going to be safe.
- Our Designated Safeguarding officer is our school Principal Victoria McAvoy with the Deputy Lead Emily Dickinson, and Christine Thomas.