Early Year Foundation Stage
We follow the Early Years Foundation Stage. Children will develop at their own pace and each child’s development is closely monitored and the Curriculum is applied accordingly.
We are proud to follow a more structured ethos which we have developed to ensure a happy medium between teaching the children both academically and holistically through the natural environment and in our forest school in preparation for their future schools
The Overarching Principals of the Early Years Foundation Stage are:
- Every child is a unique child, who is constantly learning and can be resilient, capable, confident and self-assured.
- Children learn to be strong and independent through positive relationships.
- Children learn and develop well in enabling environments, in which their learning responds to their individual needs and there is a strong partnership between teachers and parents and or carers.
- Children develop and learn in different ways and at different rates. The framework covers the education and care of all children in the early years provision, including children with special educational needs and disabilities.
The areas of learning and development are separated into the following seven areas:
- Communication and Language
- Physical Development
- Personal, Social & Emotional Development
- Understanding of the World
- Expressive Arts and Designs
Further information regarding the EYFS can be found at www.gov.uk/early-years-foundation-stage